If you are also finding the onslaught of the holidays disadvantageous for your well being, here is a recipe for Hot Health. You can put it in a mug to have in bed or you could always make it up in a cute mulled wine glass to sip alongside friends at your Christmas drinks evening.
You will need:
- A jar of runny or set honey (runny works better but I prefer the taste of set)
- 1/2 a fresh lemon or a bottle of lemon juice
- Boiling water
- A small teaspoon of ginger cordial (optional)
- Boil enough water to fill your mug or glass
- Put 2-4 teaspoons of honey (depending on how much sweetness you like) in the mug and pour boiling water on top until the mug is filled up a little over 3/4 of the way. Use the teaspoon to stir until the honey is all melted into the water.
- Squeeze the lemon over the drink, being careful not to get pips in it, or pour from the bottle. How much you add will depend on your taste and how much honey you put in, I normally have about 2 teaspoons, but try to make sure it doesn't get too bitter, you can always add more honey.
- If you fancy a bit of a festive kick, try putting a little bit of ginger cordial in. Belvoir do a good one, but it is quite strong, so only use the tiniest amount. Other variations you can try include replacing the honey with maple syrup (yum) and the lemon with lime juice.