1. Fix yourself breakfast in bed
2. Take some pictures of flowers and make a mood board out of them for your bedroom wall
3. Spend an entire day in the house in your prettiest party dress
4. Have a bubble bath with extra bubbles
5. Bake a batch of cupcakes then put them in a box to look like they came from a boutique bakery. Then
7. Become a tourist in your own town for the day
8. Go to a free art gallery
9. Put 'ex libris' plates into all of your favourite books and sit in an armchair with them arranged around you, pretending you own a country manor with a vast literary collection
10. Fridge full of leftovers? Put them in your finest china and arrange a chic buffet at the table. Alternatively, place them in a wicker basket and take it down to the park to have a picnic.
11. Find a cheap piece of old but pretty clothing in a charity shop and tailor it to your size - voilà! Instant vintage couture!
12. Have an artistic friend sketch you, then get it mounted or framed and hang it on your wall as an 'original masterpiece'.
13. Throw an impromptu tea party with pastries, varieties of proper tea and croquet in the park/garden
14. Cover just one wall in your room with feature wallpaper
15. Wear real pearls or diamonds
16. Make the one coffee in a pretty little cafe last for hours as you write the first chapter of your best-selling novel
17. Go for a bicycle ride in country lanes or city side-streets, find somewhere you've never been before and sit and read a book there
18. If you're in need of a holiday, ring up a friend who lives abroad or by the sea or in another city and tell them how long it's been...
18. Wear a hat. If you don't do it often, you may well feel like everyone is looking at you. This is a good thing - it means they are admiring your chic hat
19. Wear enormous sunglasses everywhere
20. Host an in-house spa day with friends. Try face masks, hand and foot massages and yoga. For lunch, have an anti-oxidant-rich dish and herbal tea.
21. Set up an easel by your window, or balcony if you have one, and paint/draw/collage the view over a period of time
22. Splurge on a perfume that you really love and wear it all the time
23. Add something shiny to your outfit - sequins, diamonds, silver, all that glitters. Heads will turn.
24. Change your Facebook profile picture to something moody and artistic
25. Drop a classic movie line into every day conversation. There's nothing quite like brushing off a cold-caller with “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn”